Lidocaine (Into the mouth)
Medicated Buccal DNA Collection Kit, Medicated Buccal DNA Collection Kit 2There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to lidocaine or similar medicines.
How to Use This Medicine:
Powder, Liquid, Kit, Spray
- Use this medicine as directed. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Liquid: Drop several drops of the medicine on a cotton swab and dab it onto the affected area. Allow the medicine to dry for 15 minutes.
- Unless directed by your doctor, do not apply this medicine to an burned or irritated skin, on an open sore, or to a large area of skin.
- This medicine will catch on fire. Do not use it near heat, fire, or open flame.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- This medicine is not for long-term use. Do not use this medicine for more than 7 days.
- Missed dose:Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- You should not use this medicine on a child under 2 years of age without a doctor's approval.
- Do not get this medicine into your eyes. If you do, rinse your eyes with water for ten minutes and then call your doctor right away.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Swelling, rash, or fever
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 5/1/2020